CVO East Ayrshire are proud to announce a refreshed range of training opportunities and have places open to unemployed parents who fall into either of the following two categories:
- Unemployed parents under 25
- Unemployed parents with a disability
Find your Future has been developed as an avenue into employment for parents and carers of young people. Find your Future operates in partnership with East Ayrshire Council Parental Employability Support Fund (SL33), funded by the Scottish Government. The course takes a multi-faceted approach and includes a flexible menu of options for our trainees including:
- Accredited training delivered in partnership with Ayrshire College (the first course being a ten-week Health & Wellbeing course starting Monday 25th April 2022 at WG13)
- Work placements of up to 26 weeks offering vocational training in various settings including:
- Kitchen porter
- Assistant chef
- Front of house
- Administration Assistant
- Retail placement (social enterprise gift shop)
- Design & Manufacture in our print shop
- Domestic / cleaning
- General maintenance and repairs with our project workers.
- Interactive and engaging in house training sessions covering wellbeing, employability and life skills
- Support network – inclusive family friendly events to encourage peer support, social inclusion and wellbeing 66
Our Job Coaches work alongside our trainees and use systematic instruction techniques to break down complex tasks into manageable learning, to build confidence and to offer support with external issues affecting their lives. We also hope to raise awareness of the contribution parents can make when they receive appropriate levels of training with support.
The continued success and impact of employability training at CVO to date can be evidenced by the 95% completion rate and the positive destinations achieved by our current trainees. Further evidence can be seen in the ongoing development of a partnership approach to service delivery and to support available to the trainees, both during and after completion of the course.
As well as qualifications and commercial experience, CVO EA provides multiple additional benefits: healthy relationships; positive role models; social skills; promotion of integration; and breaking down barriers within the local community. Delivery takes place in a supported learning environment at the heart of the community and will facilitate the transition into sustainable employment.
To refer, please contact:
Rebecca Armour, Senior Job Coach
Phone: 07435 806125
Find your Future operates in partnership with East Ayrshire Council Parental Employability Support Fund (SL33), funded by the Scottish Government.